Please note: it is strongly recommended that you backup your site before upgrading to version 2.0. As this is a major version update, there is the possibility of layout-breaking changes when updating from previous versions of the theme. We’ve done extensive testing to ensure a smooth update process, however depending on the level of customization and configuration made to the theme we encourage all users to backup their site in advance and test out its compatibility after updating.
Patches and fixes:
- Now compatible with WooCommerce 3.0; many CSS updates and support for new product gallery features
- Removed included WC files; now enqueue latest version from WC plugin files instead
- WC related products changed to 3 per row, 1 row only
- Updated included ACF Pro files to latest version (5.5.11)
- Updated one click installer files (now php7 compatible)
- Fixed unclosed credit link in footer
- Minor CSS updates
You may need to upgrade your database to work with the new versions of WooCommerce and ACF Pro – simply follow the prompts on screen to complete this.
- Added controls to Appearance > Customize > Comments and Trackbacks to enable/disable comments on Portfolio pages
- Minor CSS updates (comment form on Portfolio pages and single pages)
- Resolved issue affecting WooCommerce product inventory conflict with one click installer
- Minor CSS updates (WC cart page, nav menu animations on mobile)
- Add controls to allow any number of latest posts on home page
- Updated ACF Pro files to version 5.3.7
Patches and fixes:
- Fix broken nav transparency and stickiness in WP 4.5
- Fix borders on WooCommerce Cart and Checkout pages
- Fix word breaking on block quotes
- Minor CSS updates
Minor CSS updates:
- Fix alignment of comment form fields
- Add padding to floated images in posts
- Add word-break to block quotes
- Remove button:focus outline on mobile
Minor bug fix: resolved php error on theme install caused by Radium One Click Install
Included in this update:
- Support larger images for landing header and blog featured images
- Improved translatability
- Ability to modify Portfolio permalink root through .po translation
- Updated demo content (center social icons, display all portfolio categories by default)
- Minor bug fixes (“No Data Received” error)
- Removed redundant WC files
Included in this update:
- Updated Advanced Custom Fields Pro to v5.3.0
- Updated Isotope.js to v2.0
- Added controls to the customizer to enable the ACF Pro admin pages
- Minor CSS Updates
This version fixes a conflict with the latest version of Simple Social Icons by restoring dependency to the plugin CSS file. After completing the update, please make sure to take the following steps:
- Ensure your version of Simple Social Icons is updated to the latest version by going to Plugins in the WordPress dashboard
- If you use any caching plugins, clear the site cache
- Clear your browser cache
- Update any settings for your social icons under Appearance > Widgets to ensure they display as desired
Feature updates and bug fixes – please clear your browser cache after updating:
- Fixed compatibility issues with WooCommerce 2.4 causing errors with product tabs
- Fixed image distortion issues in the “Latest Posts” home page sections
- Fixed custom post excerpts not displaying
- Added “Read More” buttons when using custom excerpts
- Added controls in customizer to choose Portfolio page sidebar layout independently from rest of site
- Added controls to change Home Page Portfolio Section sort order (newest first/oldest first)
- Updated .pot file for translations
- Updated ACF and ACF Pro to latest versions to remove php errors
- Updated max width of uploaded header image to 1400px
- Various CSS fixes and updates
Updates for compatibility with WordPress 4.3. Please clear your browser cache after updating.
- Updated default setting to display social share buttons on single posts
- Fixed navigation issues in customizer – now compatible with WP 4.3
- Removed favicon uploader (now handled in WordPress Customizer)
- Fixed bug where nav background would display when set as transparent
A huge new update! This is the first major revision for Coastal theme, and it includes a ton of changes!
- Scrolling Home Page has been completely rebuilt – no more child pages, everything is controlled through one powerful page template
- WooCommerce support – WooCommerce has been integrated and styled to match the rest of Coastal, allowing you to start selling whatever your heart desires
- Secondary navigation bar added – supports a sticky or not-so-sticky nav with transparency effects
- Isotope integration – sort your home page collections by category with dynamic Isotope layout functionality
- Support for multiple collection sections on the home page – because one is never enough
- A Latest Posts section on the home page shows off 3, 6 or 9 of your latest blog posts
- Extensive updates to the theme customizer
- CSS tweaks and updates throughout the site to keep everything clean and tidy
- Support for more than one scrolling home page – add new sections elsewhere in the site
- Translation ready – Coastal goes international
- Shortcodes to add matching buttons throughout the site
- Support for post meta like tags, categories, etc.
- Flexible footer – choose from 1, 2, 3 or 4 footer widgets
- Full width footer area – add a full width Instagram footer
-Added customizer controls to fully edit footer text.
-Updated featured image crop mode (now soft crops)
-Updated featured image crop size (now 840px wide)
-Add css styling fallbacks for inputs
-Resolved mobile layout issues with eNews extended
-Removed unused JS files
Resolved error message displayed following update to v1.1.2
– Fix issue affecting bulk install of recommended plugins
– Fix jQuery issue affecting masonry layout on the homepage
– Update generated link on uploaded logo and “go back” buttons to point to site homepage instead of root url
– Support jetpack subscription forms
– Support first name/last name fields when using Genesis eNews widget
– Fix letter spacing on infinite scroll buttons
– Updated customizer to allow styling of masonry section overlay text color
Minor bug fixes and css updates
Lots of features added!
– New optional sidebar layout. Make the whole blog have a widgetized sidebar, or select for certain posts only.
– Removed dependency on Disqus. Use the default WordPress comments if you like – they’re styled beautifully!
– Copyright text field. Enter your own custom text to display in the copyright footer.
– Infinite scroll support. Choose to enable infinite scroll in the blog page.
– Support for contact forms outside of homepage.
Resolved Masonry layout issues on Firefox.
Minor bug fixes and css updates.
Coastal theme released. Woohoo!