Our themes require a hosted installation of wordpress.org; you will be unable to install this theme if you are using wordpress.com. If you require hosting and a domain name, we highly recommend going with Bluehost – they provide reliable and secure hosting and amazing support. Check out our detailed guide on setting up hosting and installing WordPress here.
We recommend getting started on a clean installation of WorPress 4.0 or higher; this provides the best starting point for the theme, and we cannot guarantee operation on existing installations or older versions. This guide assumes you are starting on a fresh install.
Please note: Industry is a Genesis child theme and requires the Genesis Framework (not included). Please ensure you have the Genesis Framework, or grab a copy from Studiopress here.
UNZIP THE DOWNLOAD FILE
The zip file you downloaded must be unzipped before you upload it to WordPress – in addition to the Industry theme, it includes the site demo content. If you receive the missing style.css stylesheet error message, you have not unzipped and will need to do so before uploading the theme.
UPLOAD THE GENESIS PARENT THEME
- Within the WordPress admin, go to Appearance > Themes and click the Add New
- Click on the Upload Theme and choose the Genesis file to upload. Click Install Now.
- After the theme has installed, click Return to Themes.
UPLOAD AND ACTIVATE THE CHILD THEME
- Under Appearance > Themes, click Add New. Click Upload Theme and choose the industry.zip file to upload.
- Click Install Now. After installation, click Activate.
INSTALL RECOMMENDED PLUGINS
We’ve recommended a small number of plugins to help you get the most out of your theme.
- On the message that displays near the top of the screen, click Begin installing plugins.
- Select all plugins, and from the drop-down menu pick Install and then click Apply.
- If the plugins do not install as a batch, try installing each one individually. The plugins will activate automatically after being installed.